By accepting the Policy, Terms & Conditions and the Seller Agreement in registration, you expressly consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy.
Collection of Personal Information
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
· email address, physical contact information, the date of birth and gender information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
· transactional information based on your activities on the Website;
· postage, billing and other information you provide for purchase or dispatch purposes;
· community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website, and correspondence sent to us;
· other information from your interaction with our Website, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
· additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or utility bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
· information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
· other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to the Company, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
All personal data shall be provided by you voluntarily unless where it is indicated as mandatory. Where the personal data is mandatory to be provided, failure to provide such information may result in Company not being able to process your request.
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise our services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customisation programmes, simply indicate your preferences in My Page or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
· Provide the services and customer support at your request;
· Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
· Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
· Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
· Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family;
· Send you targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers; and
· Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
· Provide aggregate information to our partners about our users (e.g. 20 women above age 50 have viewed this item) without disclosing information about identifiable individuals.
Denial of Collection
You may withdraw your consent to our collection of your personal data and/or information at any time by notifying us or call our customer service. In that event, we will not be able to identify you and provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience while using our site. Although you can browse through most of our sites without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the Services you request.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group of companies. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties: In the event that the Company sells or buys any business or assets; If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets; or If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Using Information from this Website
We enable you to share personal information to complete transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, user ID, email address and other contact and postage information. In all cases, you must comply with data protection laws, and give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
· fulfillment of the transaction through this website and purposes related to the transaction;
· using services offered through this website (e.g. escrow, postage and fraud complaints); or
· other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer and is stored on your hard drive. If you have registered with us then your computer will store an identifying cookie which will save you time each time you re-visit our Website, by remembering your email address for you. You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent.
If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to the Website you may do so by contacting us via e-mail at [email protected] Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your e-mail and password. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser's password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information.
If you access our Website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet cafe, a PC room or a library, certain information about you, such as your user ID, activity or reminders from the Website, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you. To protect your personal information or communication from being disclosed to others, you should log out and close the web browser after using our Website.
Accessing, Reviewing, Changing and Retaining Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to the Website. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or becomes inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request to the customer service, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law. Otherwise, your personal information will be destroyed by us once we confirm there is no use for it. If you would like to obtain further information on limiting the processing of your personal information, kindly email us at [email protected]
We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, whether they are buyers or sellers on our Website or other sites throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions and to review their privacy policies before you disclose your personal information to others.